- The PR firm wants to hold a news conference. The client wants to do one-on-ones
- The PR firm suggests a multi-city rollout. The client suggests building a relationship with a few key reporters.
- The PR firm charges for media monitoring. The client has a secretary check Google Alerts.
- The PR firm has an expensive Social Media Department. The client has department heads with Twitter accounts.
- In a crisis, the PR firm says conventional wisdom is to “get in front of the story” and confess your sins whether you’re guilty or not. The client knows that sometimes conventional wisdom is wrong.
April 26, 2011 · 5:30 am